Buy BlueTV with free DHL shipping

Is this a new winlauncher for ubox 2 ?

bamby8
bamby8
Junior Member edited November 4, 2016 in UnblockTech UBox / UPad
A friend is reporting every time they switch on their ubox 2, a prompt appears asking them to install Winlauncher for past few weeks. The prompt displays a square app icon which contains 'TM' in white text, with a green background with text description of 'WinLauncher' next to the icon.

To bypass the prompt, they have to connect a USB mouse, to press 'Cancel', because they are uncertain if this is a genuine update for the ubox, or malware which has crept onto their ubox.

I vaguely recall 'TM' may have something to do with UB winlauncher, but I'm not sure.

Has anyone else come across this 'TM' app update?

Comments

• Goldmanlu
    Goldmanlu
    edited November 3, 2016
    bamby8 said:

A friend is reporting every time they switch on their ubox 2, a prompt appears asking them to install Winlauncher for past few weeks. The prompt displays a square app icon which contains 'TM' in white text, with a green background with text description of 'WinLauncher' next to the icon.

To bypass the prompt, they have to connect a mouse, to press 'Cancel', because they are uncertain if this is a genuine update for the ubox, or malware which has crept onto their ubox.

I vaguely recall 'TM' may have something to do with UB winlauncher, but I'm not sure.

Has anyone else come across this 'TM' app update?

I always recommend everyone don't touch anything if the box is in working condition. Even the box maker offer firmware claiming fix the bugs, never ever update anything or change anything.

• bamby8
    bamby8
    Junior Member edited November 10, 2016
    post deleted